- Sandy soils usually require more water to keep the turf healthy becuase sand drains faster than clay or heavier soils.
- As a general rule, the further South you are, the longer your growing season, which means that your lawn may require increased fertilization.
- Grass in partial shade will remain wet longer than grass in full sun and watering should be adjusted accordingly.
- Overwatering can be just as harmful as underwatering because grass that stays moist all of the time is at high risk of fungus and disease.
- If you see your grass turning brown during the growing season you most likely have a fungus, disease, or insect issue. See our guidelines for instructions on how to identify and treat.
Listed below are 5 things to keep in mind when maintaining your new turfgrass.
Orlando SOD BLOG
We hope you enjoy our Sod Blog! Please feel free to leave comments or email us if you have any questions.