Listed below are 5 things to keep in mind when maintaining your new turfgrass.
- Sandy soils usually require more water to keep the turf healthy becuase sand drains faster than clay or heavier soils.
- As a general rule, the further South you are, the longer your growing season, which means that your lawn may require increased fertilization.
- Grass in partial shade will remain wet longer than grass in full sun and watering should be adjusted accordingly.
- Overwatering can be just as harmful as underwatering because grass that stays moist all of the time is at high risk of fungus and disease.
- If you see your grass turning brown during the growing season you most likely have a fungus, disease, or insect issue. See our guidelines for instructions on how to identify and treat.